A favourite sunday school activity is for the kids to list out the fruit of the spirit.
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23
Besides knowing the fruit, do they really know what this means?
What is joy?
What is love?
What is peace?
What is faithfulness?
God’s love and faithfulness is evident in the story Jonah and the Big Fish
Art and craft for kids
Turn this into a fun art and craft project for the kids.
- Take a large cardboard and draw a tree.
- On this tree, draw 9 fruit.
- Label each fruit one of the fruit of the spirit.
- e.g. Write “Love” just above one fruit, “Patience” just above another fruit, and so forth.
- Let each child choose a fruit.
- Explain to the child what it means by citing examples of people they know. Eg. A child chooses Patience. Point out to her someone who demonstrates the virtue of patience, for example “Kathie is very patient. See how she waits patiently for Grandpa to walk and helps him along while everyone else runs ahead?”
- Ask her to share how she can be more patient.
- Then give her stickers and crushed coloured paper to paste over the fruit to decorate it whichever way she likes.
- Move on to the next child and fruit until all the fruit have been decorated.
- Hang this fruit of the spirit art and craft masterpiece in the room to remind the kids of these fruit they will learn to develop in their lives.