Health is wealth in more ways than one.
Taking care of our bodies and the health of our kids will lead to happier, healthier lives. You can enjoy God’s gifts to you more when you have your health.
Teach your kids to take care of their health too.
As parents, you can influence their taste in food.
- From a young age, feed them vegetables cooked in a tasty way so that they will develop a taste for healthy veggies.
- Get them to snack on fruit.
Make it a habit as a family to get physically active, to train the body to keep yourselves strong and healthy. Get them to love outdoor play and games that involve physical activity, so that when they’re older, they would continue with these games which would keep their bodies strong.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
- Feed yourself healthy food.
- Stay away from cigarettes and too much alcohol which can destroy your bodies, slowly but surely.
- Teach your kids the dangers of polluting their bodies with drugs and cigarettes.
- Teach them the harmful, embarassing effects of alcohol so that when they are exposed to these, they wouldn’t fall into temptation so easily.
You have one life in this world. One body to last you throughout this life, so do pay attention to it and take care of your health.